|Flo and Helmar explaining bolting|
See the full Photo Gallery Here
We decided to meet on Wednesday, Helmar and I would hitchhike to Stuttgart and then we would decide where to sleep somewhere on the 6.5 hour drive down to Italy. Gibbon was nice enough to loan us their van and some new lines, and we actually made it to the valley on Wednesday night.
We parked by a small lake and slept as long as we could until the blazing sun peeled us out of our sleeping bags, and then out of our clothes, and finally woke us up. The view was incredible, I always love to drive into a new area in the night, and seeing only massive cliffs the next morning.
Unfortunately for us, the weather had other plans, as two storms converged above us, sending 4 hours of rain and lightening down on us and our gear. The film crew had no other option but to retreat back to the city, they had to buy new clothes because everything we had was soaked. The three of us took shelter under trees or tiny overhangs and waited, freezing. We literally had no time or energy to go all the way back down, and we really needed to get the bolting done at the first possible minute, or else we would simply run out of time.